Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anna is coming over



Emma and I are excited. My daughter Anna (above with Sophia) is coming over to spend the night. She will be with us all day and into the evening Friday. Greg works a long day tomorrow from morning till late as they have a swing dance for students. Anna really hits it off with Emma. She will play with her outside and she needs that exercise. We are so looking forward to having her company on Friday.

I am still having some pain and also difficulty with walking and weakness in my limbs. It is definately better than a week ago when I had the intense pain however. I have not heard from the doctor yet what are plan is now. I was suppose to wait till today or Friday to see how I was doing.

The woman who cleans for us is here and that is a good thing. I appreciate her hard work but today we also have visited a little while she works. Normally I am off to water exercise but I don't know that I could make it to the car and do that routine yet. I am hoping next week will be better.

I am so worried about the economy. It seems like almost daily I hear about someone I know losing their job or fearful of hours cut back or similar. I am so dependent on Greg's health insurance and income. I just keep praying that things improve. My son and daughter are still seeking work. I never thought I would live to see such trying times for our country. Being home I think about it even more I think.

Greg picked up a few movies for us to watch in the upcoming days. That is a good distraction. I also am weak so sleep off and on. I am trying to see if I can walk around the house a bit from room to room (with my walker) so I don't get too weak from all this. I know sitting all the time or sleeping could make me too weak.

I feel spoiled to have cleaning help but it seems important. She does the vacuuming and scrubbing I sure couldn't handle now or it would take me days. It is amazing what she accomplishes in 2.5 hours!! We get some help to pay for this service.

We are hoping even with Greg's very busy schedule now, to take Emma in to be groomed. They bathe her, brush her and trim her etc. They say she doesn't seem to mind it too much. But gosh Lent is Greg's very very busy time at work.

You can tell my spirits are better today. I hope my pain continues to subside and my abilities increase. So glad to have Emma and we are so very very very excited to have Anna come over tonight and tomorrow. How fun that will be.

Mary and Emma wish you a good day.

No comments: