Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas Week


Monday

We started our week out with a fun brunch with a friend. We had a nice meal and great conversation. Next stop home to play in the snow (Emma loves that) and a nap (I love that0. I wish I didn't need so much sleep but I do - that is very common with MS.
Mid afternoon I went with my son Michael Christmas shopping. We were only gone a few hours so I left Emma alone. Don't ask me why I just did. Once in awhile it is good for her to handle being alone.

Well Emma got into mischeif. She ate some Christmas cookies off the table. Fortunately their were only a few and non were chocholate. But they were in plastic and she opened it up to get at the paper bowl with some goodies. I wonder if she truly was hungry or if she was stressed being alone? I am very glad it was nothing that would harm her. i never have her "put" things on the table but somehow she used that skill to take things "off" the table. What a dog.

I just heard that for Christmas Eve my son Danny and daughter Anna are going to stay overnight. Yeah for that. Won't it be fun.
Michael and Tia and Rosa will be here both days though not staying overnight. Of course Santa comes to their house and Sophia won't join them till later Christmas Eve as she will be with her dad. I am getting very excited about the celebration. I think it will be a lot of fun spending time together. That is my best present to receive - time with my family. How great is it that I have everyone in town. The whole gang will be here Christmas Day hurray for that.

My gift giving is limited this year due to unexpected bills (a crown, a big car repair etc). My family will understand but it is tough on me not to give as much as I had hoped for...but I think in this economy a lot of people are feeling the blues about the economy. Time with family is the true gift afterall now isn't it?

My cleaning lady comes tomorrow. My living room has Christmas gifts are in there and need to be wrapped. Other tiding up I need to do. She cleans floors, scrubs my kitchen and bathroom, vacuums the steps and things like that. It is a big help to us.
It always lifts my spirits.

I really hope this finds you doing well. I am including a poem that came on the email.

WINTER IN Minnesota


It's winter in Minnesota
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below

Oh, how I love Minnesota
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Minnesota
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground

I don't know who wrote this but heard from my friend Gerri who lives near Seatle that they too have snow and cold. I think so much of the country has colder than normal temps right now. So if you are in a cold zone, stay cozy warm. Think of my friend Jan who is now in Mexico.

The picture is from a few years ago - notice Rosa is not in it. We will have to get a group photo this year. They did take one of our family at the wedding but I guess we won't see them till January.

Thinking of you - stay warm - Emma and Mary

No comments: