Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dealing with the Day



Instead of the white snow I see all around - I want to think of white roses. This is obviously a picture from my garden. How many months/weeks/days till spring? It has been a pretty winter but I have cabin fever and want spring.

I am trying to think of happy things today. If you saw the post yesterday, you know we are dealing with the sadness of someones untimely death. A visit to my counselor helped. I am not ashamed to say I see a counselor. Most people with MS deal with depression in part due to the chemical changes in the brain from MS. It is a common struggle among friends of mine with MS.

So let's think of happy things?
Emma had a blast in the snow today.
As days get longer (more light) I know it won't be too long and I will be sitting outside in the yard watching her play in the grass.
Grandchildren and children are happy things.
My wonderful friends are a happy things.
My husband brings me happiness.

There are many good things and blessings in my life. Today Emma it is a good thing for me to think about.

We are off to do laundry. Emma is ready to take it out of the basket and hand it to me to fold. That will be a good thing. We have a lot to tackle.

Thanks for your prayers of support. Mary and Emma

No comments: