Friday, November 21, 2008

Video night

I am writing quick on Friday night. Rosa and Sophia re here. They are cuddled up watching a video and Emma is cozy too. I love Friday nights when they can join us for fun, kisses, hugs, playing toys, and reading books. It is so enjoyable.

We went to the movie (Emma and I and friend with MS) called The Boy in Striped Pajamas. It was well done but has sad moments.
I am glad I saw it. it involves the time of Hitler. I don't want to say a lot to ruin the story. It does demonstrate how two young boys are impacted by the time of concentration camps...it also shows the various points of view of adults at the time. There beliefs and actions. i found it very very thought provoking. A friend of mine says some Junior High teachers are going to see it and determine if they will use it in school to discuss that time in history.

Off to play with the girls. We are having a good day. I did not sleep well at all last night during coughing so I certainly hope I get more sleep tonight. tomorrow is the State MS Society Convention. I will be at the Helping Paws booth from 11- Noon.

Take care, Mary and Emma

No comments: