Sunday, November 16, 2008





This is one of the first pictures with Emma. I believe it was our first day of training together. It was taken outside Helping Paws.
Isn't she a beautiful dog. It was like i had to pinch myself to believe it was real. This beautiful well trained dog was about to enter my life. She was to be my partner in such a special way. I could not then though really imagine how life changing Emma would be for myself and my family. We love her. I love her. What a wonderful dog.

This is a picture from graduation. Emma and I are surrounded by Judy, Steve, Katie, and Jack Michurski her foster family. Judy was her first MOM and Emma still gets so excited when she sees her. How awesome that for two and one half years they trained Emma, socialized Emma and gave her the tlc and confidence she needed to serve as a service dog. I am sure the moment was filled with mixed emotions. They had to say goodbye to Emma but also got to see that they succeeded in training her to be a first class service dog. Michael could not be there.

Some of you may not know that I was a teacher to Jack and Michael in my last place of teaching. When I left teaching due to Multiple Sclerosis problems Judy had said "someday I will find a way to help you with MS". Our paths seperated. I had no idea that she was at helping paws or had trained a dog. She did not get to decide who got to be with Emma. What a delight for both of us when they told me I could have Emma and asked me to meet the person who trained her. It was Judy. Boy did I shed a lot of tears of joy and gratitude.

No comments: