Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Peaceful and Happy Day for Us

today we got up early to be outside. Emma was so good. i helped weed a bit and deadhead roses. We have lots of roses. It got up to 90 which is too hot for anyone with MS. So getting outside early was imperative. My neighbors are much early risers though and beat us outside.

Later we shopped for flowers. Emma and I had to come home after to cool off and nap. Greg did more errands and also grocery shopped for Monday. Hurray the kids are coming over.

It was nicer outside this evening again so Emma and I went outside and enjoyed the yard. We have flowers to help plant or watch Greg plant tomorrow. He is off this weekend (so far) and we hope nothing changes that fact. Fun to spend time together.

When we were outside I reminded Emma - Greg is home and she flew to the door and raced to see him once we got upstairs. I am glad she likes being with him too. But it is clear she is "my dog". She is sleeping at my feet. After I shower she will be ready to sleep with me . She hogs greg space in the bed till he comes to bed which is usually at least an hour later.

The heavy weather is tough on my asthma too though at least it was not at humid as last weekend. I still like summer even if I have to be out less, cool off and try again. In the humidity I am stuck indoors for longer periods.

I have the best husband in the world. I sure treasure time with him. We had such a nice day and evening. It isn't even 8 pm yet. I am not sure if we are going to watch a movie or if i will fall asleep? Emma already is asleep . We will take her out at least one more time.

One good thing is she drinks a lot of water to stay hydrated. We took water with us in the car for her too. She has her own water bottle (with ice) and dish. Good thing we needed it today. She is my sweetheart for sure.

We met someone while out and about who could not believe how helpful she was...she amazes me too.

More tomorrow. Maybe even pictures of our gardens and Emma.

Love and please pray for those who battle cancer or other illnesses.

Have a good weekend. Twins won - yeah.

Mary and Emma

No comments: