Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Rainy Day but good day

Rainy rainy rainy rainy night day and night again................

Poor Emma wants to go outside to do her business and also to play. She will go to the door and indicate she wants to go out but I open the door and it is just pouring. Once she did go out in heavy rains in desperation. Otherwise we have made many trips to the door to see if there is time between raindrops to get outside.

She knows me and I know her. I hope you can laugh as you picture this. She keeps nudging me to go to the bathroom or giving me "that look". I know what it means. Well with all the trips today I am putting her off a bit. I will say "go to the door - I'll be right there" and she runs to the door. I can stall her a bit if I need to normally. Well she is smart and catching on. She starts to go to the door, stops to see I am NOT coming right behind her and waits giving me a specific "look". Now tonight after what seems like a zillion times to the door trying to get her to go out she is absolutely looking in- my - face and nudging me as if to say "Get off that couch/chair and let me out NOW". As time passes of course i know she NEEDS to go out and we just tried again - but it was pouring. Do you other dog owners run into this.

The other funny thing she did today was when we got home from water exercise. I went to the computer but normally it is right away "nap time". Well I barely sat down and she was showing me in her body language to follow her. I got up and she ran right into bed...she knows our routine.

Her beautiful facial expressions, her loving eyes, and mannerisms delight me every day. We took the metro mobility bus to the YMCA again today. Surprise he let her sit on the seat by the window. It was almost an hour ride so boy did she like that.
Then this is so sweet. SHE HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM as soon as we got off. HE /the driver WALKED US OVER TO THE GRASS HOLDING A BIG UMBRELLA OVER EMMA AND I SO SHE COULD GO TO THE BATHROOM DESPITE THE HEAVY RAIN. THEN HE WALKED US INTO THE Y. Pretty thoughtful.

I suppose if it doesn't let up Greg or I will need to use an umbrella to see if we can get her outside to "go" before bedtime. I think it is suppose to let up a little. Sorry if the topic is distasteful to anyone. It is part of life with Emma ha ha.

IT GETS DARK SO EARLY NOW and that makes me want to cuddle in with Emma even sooner at night. Still dealing with MS stuff so actually that is a good thing to get the rest I need.

Wishing you a good day - Mary and Emma

No comments: